Grants in Israel
- Grant period: 2014
- Grantee link: UK Toremet Limited
Amuta21C was a one day conference for Israeli nonprofits to come together to learn and discuss new and relevant topics in their field, and to hear about best practices, innovations and tools used for success. In the fourth year, it's been decided to look for an opportunity to include content for and by the Russian speaking population of Israel.
Russian speaking professionals were supposed to benefit from the conference's content and networking opportunities and to bring their unique point of view to the greater A21C audience.
To meet these goals, the "one day conference" was accompanied by year round activities. The conference dealt with opportunities, problems and challenges typical to the nonprofit sector in Israel, including for the first time issues specific to the Russian speaking population.
Target audience was: 250 nonprofit professionals, among them 150 Russian speaking. After the conference, year-round follow up activities were held to maintain a community and build on the energy and learning from the conference.
Goals and objectives
- Facilitate simple and transparent international giving, especially to enable Israeli and Jewish organizations to work with UK and European donors.
- Create models and tools to be implemented in the development of a local Israeli culture of philanthropy.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater