Grants in Israel
Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Grant period: 2009-2011
- Grantee link: Ha'aguda Lema'an Hachayal Israel (AWIS)
Genesis Philanthropy Group, in cooperation with the Association for the Well-Being of Israel's Soldiers, subsidizes air travel for IDF soldiers who wish to visit their families living outside of Israel.
To receive this subsidy, soldiers whose families live abroad must have a recommendation from the IDF. In accordance with the program rules, each participant may take advantage of a free trip once during his or her service term in the IDF. In addition, all program participants receive gifts that they can deliver to their parents.
The program has served 1,064 soldiers to date. Genesis Philanthropy Group has supported trips for 703 soldiers, 83% of whom visited their families in the FSU.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide additional support to unmarried Israeli soldiers who normally do not have an opportunity to see their families that live abroad (outside of Israel) on a regular basis.
- Heighten the morale of the IDF soldiers and their motivation to serve.
- Reinforce the IDF’s image and to increase its perception among Israeli youth.
- Encourage and to create an additional incentive for young people to move to Israel independent of their families.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater