Grants in Israel
Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Grant period: 2011 ->>
- Grantee link: Yemin Orde School
The symbolic and experiential activity "Connections: Immigrant Youth and Jewish Identity" is implemented within the youth villages for the purpose of introducing Israeli immigrants and at-risk youth to their rich Jewish heritage. At this critical stage of their lives, youngsters are developing their personal identities, and the activity is helping them to strengthen a positive Jewish identity and feeling of belonging to the Jewish State.
A unique aspect of the program is teaching about Judaism not only in order to impart knowledge and instill values, but more importantly, in order to help the participants acquire an understanding of their own place within the Jewish people.
The foundation supports experiential program activities for over 200 young Russian-speaking immigrants in order to enhance children's connection to Israel and to the Jewish faith.
The project program includes seminars and special full-Sabbath programs in addition to lessons, unique activities, outings with host families, and more:
- Seminars for 10th - 12th graders, including trips to the Diaspora Museum, Jerusalem, guest lectures and workshops.
- Shabbat seminars with full-Shabbat experiences for tenth and twelfth grade children.
- Evening educational classes for small groups of children called "Jewish Heritage".
Goals and objectives
- Strengthen personal Jewish Identity by bringing Judaism alive in a positive light.
- Connect participants with their Jewish heritage, mainstream Israeli society and the Jewish people.
- Enable participants to find a place for Jewish values and customs within their lives.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater