Grants in Israel
Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Grant period: 2009-2011
- Grantee link: Impulse R.A. Teachers in Support of Science Studies
The project is based on a new model of teaching Russian-speaking Israeli children between the ages of 5 and 15. A number of school subjects and extra-curricular events are supplemented by topics of Jewish culture, history and traditions.
The project also resulted in the publication of eight handbooks on Jewish holidays in the Russian language, two independent seminars and a number of seminars and lectures for teachers in Israeli schools.
Israel's New Impulse project is generously supported by the UJA-Federation of New York, the Jewish Federation of Greater Los Angeles, the Legacy Foundation, the Avi Chai Foundation and, since 2009, Genesis Philanthropy Group.
Goals and Objectives
- Strengthen Jewish identity of Russian-speaking Israeli children through exposure of their families to Jewish and Israeli culture.
- Increase teachers' knowledge about Jewish holidays, traditions and culture.
- Assist teachers in integrating this knowledge effectively into school curricula.
- Create teaching materials with Jewish and Israeli components which can be used alongside existing curricula.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater