Grants in Israel
- Grant period: 2008-2011
- Grantee link: Keitar Ashdod
The Center organizes events dedicated to Jewish holidays and important dates on the Jewish calendar for immigrants from the FSU. The events vary in format and are intended for a wide audience. In addition to lectures, concerts and plays staged by a communal theater company, Yesh, FSU immigrants are also offered educational tours.
More than 8,000 people participated in "Holiday" events from 2008-2011. According to participants, communal celebration of Jewish state holidays helps significantly in overcoming the culture shock which is an inevitable part of the complex process of adaptation to Israeli society.
Goals and Objectives
- Support a non-denominational and nonpolitical community of new Russian-speaking Israelis.
- Establish an educational center which can facilitate the process of absorption and successful integration of Russian speakers into Israeli society.
- Introduce new Russian-speaking Jewish Israelis to the cultural wealth of the Jewish people.
- Assist new Israelis from the FSU in the difficult process of forming a national, cultural, professional and social identity.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater