Grants in Israel
Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Grant period: 2009-2010
- Grantee link: Machanaim – Jewish Heritage Center
Machanaim is a leading Israeli organization that provides Jewish and Israeli education for Russian-speaking Israelis in Russian.
Genesis Philanthropy Group supports one of the organization's programs, which offers Jewish Studies lessons to Russian-speaking students at Bar-Ilan University. The lessons take into account cultural characteristics of the student audience, which helps participants establish a more appropriate relationship with the material and facilitates learning.
The project is implemented in collaboration with Bar-Ilan University.
Taking into consideration the scope of work of the Machanaim organization and the importance of its tasks, Genesis Philanthropy Group has also provided funding for the organization's restructuring, aimed to increase its effectiveness. As a result, the organization’s budget deficit was significantly reduced, and the collaboration process with other educational and absorption service organizations was streamlined.
Goals of the Jewish Studies program
- Offer Russian-speaking Israelis an opportunity to study Jewish culture in Russian.
- Assist repatriates from the former USSR in shaping their Jewish and Israeli identity on the basis of respect for the values of Judaism and modern Israeli culture.
Goals of the effective management, effective education project
- Increase the organization's financial and administrative effectiveness.
- Increase the level of funding necessary to support the organization's primary goals.
- Strengthen the organization's ties with state and local government agencies.
- Streamline the collaboration process with other public organizations.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater