Grants in Israel
Machanaim Community Center
- Grant period: 2011->>
- Grantee link: Machanaim Russian Jewish Education Network
Projects involve both immigrants and native Israelis, and facilitate the socialization and engagement of Russian-speaking immigrants into Israeli public life. Participants learn about the country's contemporary culture, values, and traditions.
In 2012, a grant from Genesis Philanthropy Group supported a series of Shabbatons in participating Russian-speaking communities, as well as educational tours of Israel. These new elements of the Machanaim program allowed immigrants to learn about the history and cultural heritage of Israel and the Jewish people.
During 2013-2014, an additional and equally important component of project activities will include educational shows and inter-communal educational and social events.
The educational activity component includes events such as communal holiday celebrations, pre-holiday workshops, and a variety of cultural family educational events within the community (or combining several communities). For example, the educational shows are usually held on the eve of Jewish holidays and are offered for the whole family. Most shows lead to passionate intergenerational discussions on Jewish topics among the participants.
Goals and Objectives
- Change the process of integrating Russian-speaking immigrants (both new and long-term residents) – from a pragmatic approach to one based on Jewish values and social and public involvement.
- Introduce recent immigrants to the State of Israel, Judaism, Jewish culture and Jewish heritage in their native language and through communal involvement.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater