Grants in Israel
Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Grant period: 2009
- Grantee link: European Center for Jewish Students
In 2009, the European Center for Jewish Students developed the Just One Shabbat program.
Just One Shabbat is an international program that gives Jewish students and young professionals from different countries an opportunity to hold a New Year's celebration together in an informal and peaceful atmosphere.
A joint trip during the New Year vacation period was organized for Jewish students from Europe. Participants discovered new elements of Jewish culture and philosophy, learned about Jewish cuisine, and discussed contemporary social and ethnic problems of interest to them.
A grant from Genesis Philanthropy Group provided a partial subsidy for 21 Russian-speaking participants from Israel and the FSU.
Goals and Objectives
- Counteract the assimilation of Jewish youth living outside of Israel.
- Establish an international European Jewish student community.
- Enhance the Jewish identity and Jewish education of European students.
- Unite European Jewish youth through joint creative initiatives and social events.
- Bible Lands Museum
- Building Pluralistic Jewish Leadership among Russian Speaking New Immigrants
- Future in the Desert
- Ghetto Fighters Museum
- Hillel Israel & Phoenix
- J-Sport Israel
- Jewish Holidays for "Newbies"
- Joy of Judaism
- Kesher - The Home for Special Families
- Leadership Program
- Machanaim Community Center
- Mahut International
- Masa Discovery
- Masa Mibereshit - A Journey Through Israel
- Midrasha Zionit – Educational Seminars in Israel
- Neot Kedumim
- Shishi Shabbat Israeli
- Tzabar Parents
- Amuta 21C
- Assistance program for soldiers serving in the Israeli Defense Forces
- Beit Midrash for Journalists
- Beit Midrash Kushia
- Catalogue of educational materials on Jewish self-identification of Russian-speaking Jews
- Conference of European Jewish Leaders and Rabbis
- Conference on Informal Education in Israel
- Educational Project in Yemin Orde School
- Eshkolot’s Festival of Jewish Texts and Ideas
- Genealogy Project
- Israel’s New Impulse Project
- Jerusalem Media Conference for Russian-speaking Journalists and Bloggers
- Limmud FSU in Israel
- Machanaim: an educational program at Bar-Ilan University and the Effective Management, Effective Education project
- Mahut in Israel
- Melitz, The Avraham Infeld Jewish Educational Venture Fund
- Open University of Israel: Online academic Jewish and Israel studies textbooks in Russian
- Phoenix in Knesset Israel
- Psifas Family Summer Camps
- Russian-language Section of the Hakhel Festival
- Seminar for Jewish Students in Berlin
- Socio-economic and Demographic Study of Russian-speaking Jews in Israel
- Sport L’Tsafon
- Taglit for Russian-Speaking Jews from Germany
- Tevel b'Tzedek: Tikkun Olam Service
- The Encyclopedia of Russian Jewry
- The IDF - a Different Look
- The Mikro Theater
- The MILI Program: Midreshet Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot Night –"Time 2 Love"
- Unifight for Southern Israel Children
- Women in Biblical Literature
- “Sea in Jerusalem” – An Art Festival produced by the Mystorin Theater